MEDREG Annual Report 2019
MEDREG Annual Report 2019 edition of MEDREG Annual Report reaffirms MEDREG’s strategy to offer support tailored to the needs of its Members. This approach allows the provision of concrete solutions in tackling actual issues that member regulators face daily.
Last year, MEDREG continued to provide support to Algeria, Egypt, Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco, and Palestine to reinforce energy cooperation, market monitoring, and fair competition, improving energy sustainability and access to renewable energy sources.
In addition to the support provided to these members, MEDREG’s activity also focused on the following aspects:
– the continuous monitoring and stimulation of an integrated energy market in the Mediterranean region to strengthen national systems and infrastructure investment;
– promoting transparency in the gas market and infrastructure and set a common standard;
– the identification of appropriate auction schemes for renewable energy sources (RES);
– guiding the reduction of power-losses, strengthening energy efficiency and consumers’ protection;
– the implementation of training activities to promote capacity building;
– the creation of high-level platforms for discussion;
– reinforcing the collaboration with relevant stakeholders and partners;
– communication and visibility actions.